3 day Intervenor Training!
Developing Champions for Learners who are Deafblind and Multisensory Impaired
Please note our Leeds course will now commence in September 2019
Contact us now for a place on this popular course accredited by CPD Standards Office
Ideal if you wish to develop your work with individuals who are Deafblind or wish to work as an Intervenor
Three days intensive training, professional mentoring throughout the course and a bespoke support visit to your setting
We can develop bespoke training and workshops to meet your requirements on all aspects of sensory impairment including advice and updates on national developments and best practice in the sensory field.
- Assistance in planning for and implementing statutory duties under the SEN and Disability Discrimination Act
- Deafblind Awareness (multisensory impairment/MSI)
- Implications of MSI and useful strategies
- Implications of hearing impairment and useful strategies
- implications of visual impairment and useful strategies
- Developing communication without hearing and vision
- Learning through multisensory approaches
The following courses will be available throughout the year or may be commissioned by individual settings and organisations.
Deafblind/MSI Awareness Training
An Introductory Day for people working with children who are Deafblind and Multisensory Impaired exploring:
- implications for learning
- communication strategies
- useful resources
Making Sense of the World
An in depth exploration of strategies you can use to facilitate the learning and development of a child with sensory impairments
A focus on specific strategies to promote communication and interaction with children who are deafblind and multisensory impaired. This course is delivered over two terms aiming to develop personal practice and includes the option of a support visit to your setting.
Two days over a term and support visit to setting
Developing Champions for Children who are Deafblind and Multisensory Impaired - Intervenor Training. In depth training delivered over 3 days, appropriate for staff working closely in a 1:1 support role or for those who promote the needs of this population across a setting. The course covers:
- Implications of sensory impairment on development and learning
- Communication and strategies to support its development
- How to facilitate access to learning
- Developing sensory and communication profiles
Three days including on going mentoring and optional support visit into the setting make this course unique
This training is accredited by CPD Standards Office
Designed to support local organisations and community groups develop awareness of the needs of young people who are deaf or have hearing impairment.
A brand new course aiming to provide groups with key, everyday and functional vocabulary to use in the home, community and school settings. British Sign Language.